Community Living North Grenville - Job Details
Posted: Oct 01, 2019
Expires: Nov 09, 2019
Part-Time Direct Support Professionals – Residential Services
OPSEU Bargaining Unit Positions
Community Living North Grenville is a local organization founded by families and friends of individuals with an intellectual disability. Community Living North Grenville advocates for, promotes and facilitates the full participation, inclusion and citizenship of people who have an intellectual disability.
- Facilitates support for individuals based on self-directed support plans.
- Demonstrates a respectful relationship with each individual which recognizes their rights as citizens and promotes dignity and wellbeing.
- Supports individuals to develop decision-making skills, exercise choices, and assume responsibilities and reasonable risk that promote inclusion in the community. Involves individuals and their advocates in the decision making process.
- Is aware of the unique strengths, needs and preferences of each individual, particularly as it relates to an individual’s goals and aspirations.
- Works with support services, landlords, volunteers, and community groups to provide support and services, as required.
- Supports each individual to participate in the cultural, spiritual, recreational, leisure, and education activities in the community.
- Provides personal care as required.
- Supports individuals to make informed choices in all areas as needed including healthy lifestyle (nutrition, diet, exercise), budgeting, medical and safety issues.
- Ensures confidentiality of all information pertaining to people supported, CLNG employees and the Association.
- Developmental Services Worker (DSW) diploma or related post-secondary education at a college or university level (Social Service Worker Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, Personal Support Worker Diploma).
- A valid class G driver’s license with a safe driving record and access to a personal vehicle is essential. CPI, CPR, and First Aid Training are mandatory.
- Appropriate experience providing individualized support, and facilitating individual personal outcomes, based on self-directed support planning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work vary; therefore applicants must be available to work days, evenings, overnights and weekends.
$14.00-$23.73 per hour based on the hours of the shifts which have been assigned, as well as the candidate’s education and experience. 4% vacation pay is added to each cheque.
Applications may be forwarded to:
Virginia McFadden- Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
Community Living North Grenville is committed to a candidate selection process that is inclusive and barrier free. In order to ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Human Rights Code.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.