Kemptville Youth Centre - Job Details
Posted: Sep 19, 2019
Expires: Oct 31, 2019
Reporting to the Operations Manager (OM), the Program Coordinator is responsible for the successful leadership and coordination of the Kemptville Youth Centre (KYC), Programs and activities set by the Board of Directors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities*
The Program Coordinator performs the following:
· Develop, implement, deliver and evaluate youth activities and approved programs while staying in line with budget and ensuring program efficiency.
· Research and propose modifications and/or new program opportunities for consideration of the OM.
· Implement operational work plan developed by OM which incorporates annual goals and objectives. This work plan will also identify training requirements. Performance of duties will be measured against goals and objectives on an ongoing basis and reviewed annually.
· Implement KYC policies, procedures and practices as directed.
· Prepare and distribute monthly Activities Calendar.
· Prepare Monthly Attendance/Participation Statistics for submission to OM.
· Supervise youth and encourage positive interaction between all program participants.
· Establish a rapport with youth members to ensure that they are being supported, heard and that their needs can be determined. Communicate regularly with OM on issues that affect the youth and organization.
· Coordinate and mentor the Youth Engagement Committee and foster effective teamwork between youth members.
· Liaise between youth and community partners understanding that you represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization's community profile.
· Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of program outings, projects and approved fundraising events (by maintaining related data, participating on committees as directed and supporting youth centric social enterprise).
· Work with youth to ensure cleanliness of KYC - work space, programming space, kitchen and surrounding area (the yard and parking lot).
· Ensure program and centre coverage through supervision and leadership of volunteers and staff as required.
· Other duties (i.e. social media monitoring/updating, event preparation and cleanup) as assigned by OM.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
Education and Certificates
· Post-secondary diploma in Recreation and Leisure Studies, Child and Youth Care Program,
· A valid First Aid and CPR level C.
· Must hold a valid Vulnerable Sector Check.
· Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
· Be familiar with provincial health and safe work environment legislation and regulations.
Minimum of 1year experience working directly with youth in a recreational or organized environment.
The incumbent should demonstrate competence in the following:
Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Excellent time management skills.
Ability to work with staff, youth and volunteers in a professional and enthusiastic manner to foster teamwork and positive relationships.
Flexibility, creativity and adaptability.
Excellent communications, listening and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrate ongoing maintenance and updating of recreation education, training and application of best practices.
Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
Problem solving skills to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Proficiency in the use of computers for: word processing, e-mail, internet, recreation program(s) software and others as required.
· The Program Coordinator will work a standard 30 hours work week but must be flexible in scheduling work hours to best accommodate the organization -evenings, weekends and/or to accommodate activities, public events and other functions as required.
· Provide own transportation and required insurance coverage to use personal vehicle for work purposes as appropriate.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.