Ignite Printing - Job Details
Posted: Sep 13, 2019
Expires: Oct 11, 2019
Are you someone who has a passion for creating digital and print media for a wide range of customers? Do you like having sense of accomplishment when dealing with customers in a one on one setting? Are you an outside the box thinker who can be flexible and change priorities on the fly? Do you get excited about being able to come to work and be part of a dynamic and fun team? If this describes you, this might be a great fit! We are currently looking for a Graphic Designer to help us grow our business.
Who we are:
We are a growing printing business, offering printing services for a wide range of print media:
- Business Cards, Rack Cards, Brochures, Newsletters, Calendars, Sell Sheets, Pocket Folders, Letterhead & Envelopes
- Banners, Pull-up Banners, A-Frame Signs, Adhesive Vinyl, Labels, Decals, Posters, and custom Canvas Prints
- Business photocopying, binding with wire-o, combs and stapled
- T-Shirts, hoodies, coats, hats & other apparel,
- Promotional items.
We are enthusiastic about all aspects of printing! From the concept design to final print, we love all that we do. We firmly believe that every business, every non-profit organization, every ministry, should have access to good quality, affordable printing. We are a small and nimble team and everyone on our team wears many hats and rolls up their sleeves to provide quality service to our customers in a timely fashion.
About the Role:
- We are looking for someone who is available between the hours of Monday – Thursday, 9-4pm and on Fridays 9-2pm Total hours per week will not to exceed 30. Part time to start, full time as soon as workload warrants.
- Primarily your job will be to work on designs for clients and be asked to do the following:
- Work with clients from initial inquiry to delivery of printed items to help them determine their needs.
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout
- Present the design to clients and incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design.
- Photo editing and manipulation
- Preparing designs for print publication
- Review designs for errors and set up for printing.
What You’ll Require:
- Preferred 2-3 years of Graphic Design experience or Office Management
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Graphic Design, Marketing, Business or a related degree.
- Knowledge of graphic design software and tools, including: Adobe InDesign, CorelDRAW, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Flexi Print and QuickBooks
- Ability to problem solve and come up with solutions and ideas.
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of humour
- Ability to keep calm and steady in a fast-changing environment is essential
- Experience with running a digital press and/or a large format printer would be an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Be an awesome team player and value the input and feedback from others.
If interested please send your resume, cover letter and a portfolio of your work displaying print design and sign design to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ignite Printing is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise us.
163 Ormond Street, Unit P/Q
Brockville, ON K6V 2L3
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.