Clintar Commercial Outdoor Services - Job Details
Posted: Sep 06, 2019
Expires: Oct 15, 2019
Job Role: On-Site AMAZON Snow Operations Supervisor
Reports To: Snow and Ice Operations Manager
Key responsibility is to provide quality and timely 24hr winter service of Clintar Commercial Outdoor Services snow and ice management requirements for customers through the training and supervision of On-Site staff for the Amazon Site. This includes contributing to the planning and execution of work requirements outlined in the contract, providing quality control through daily site touring and working to maximize the potential of the staff and equipment resources available.
The Amazon Distribution is a complex and detailed site with over a million square feet of property and thousands of parking spaces which includes walkways, gardens and loading docks. This site is also continued construction, and constantly changes as various areas open or close for construction. This site operates at 24 hours a day and 7 days a week with limited opportunities for full clearing due to constant staff on site and a total of 2000 employees. Onsite relocations will occur during snow events with trucking and snow blowing operations as we receive snow falls. Clintar will be operating this site with two 12-hour shifts of operators and shoveller, as well as one responsible employee onsite always for 24 hours a day.
This site will be equipped at all times with 4 loaders/tractors, a snow dome and a construction trailer for crew members. There is to be no snow build up with Clintar’s 24-hour on-site clearing. November to end of January will be crucial as this is the busiest time of the year with the holidays causing challenging working conditions. The on-site Amazon snow operations Supervisor will need to possess the below listed skills and abilities to ensure expectations are met for the Amazon Distribution site.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
*Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
● Directly supervises crew leaders and crew members for winter operations.
● Ensures equipment and material are assigned to crews.
● Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HR Policies and Procedures and applicable laws.
● Plan and conduct ongoing training for winter project field service staff in customer service and technical skills; and health & safety policies and procedures.
● Inspect property daily to ensure the required standard of service is being provided according to contractual requirements.
● Respond to service issues that are brought forward by Clintar Management and develop procedures to eliminate customer complaints.
● Determine work procedures, prepare daily work schedules and expedite workflow to ensure maximum efficiency.
● Ensure proper and safe operation of all vehicles and equipment used when carrying out the snow work requirements.
● Ensure that all staff are properly using Clintar programs and paperwork so that all work tickets and vehicle logs are completed accurately.
● Monitor and ensure the efficient and safe use of materials and equipment by field staff.
● Work directly with Snow and Ice Operations Manager to ensure timely and efficient completion of winter tasks to meet deadlines and contract requirements. Utilizing equipment and staff properly to accomplish this goal by overseeing the work as it is being completed.
● Maintain morale among staff and actively promote teamwork.
● Understand and utilize the Clintar software to cost track labour and material to open work tickets. (Training provided)
● Evaluate performance and report needed disciplinary action consistent with company policy and procedures to management.
● Although the role generally requires the successful candidate to supervise the workflow directly, they must also be willing and able to physically do the work if required. Ex – If things are behind desired completion for snow or landscape timelines, this position actively works in areas that require immediate attention.
● Complete a daily activity report for the work completed onsite during that 24hour period.
● This position will require a significant amount of hands on training to bring the successful candidate up to a level to manage the site as a whole.
● The initiation process would be to work along side experienced staff to learn the site requirements and contract obligations of the site while at the same time becoming familiar with the equipment and site layout.
● The successful candidate will be open to learning, hard working, and eager to help the existing crew succeed in all areas of providing high level service to all that come to the site.
• Equipment operation and general maintenance experience o Loaders, Tractors, Truck/plow and other small snow removal equipment.
• Experience supervising and running a team.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: as required by Federal and Provincial laws
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations;
● Ability to write texts, emails and reports to Clintar Management as needed to clearly communicate issues and updates.
● Effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and the general public as required.
● Some informal contact with the client may be required, however all formal communication with the client will go through Clintar Management.
● Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area and volume.
● Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions;
● Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in writing, oral, diagram or schedule form.
● Problem solve for un-foreseen issues as they arise
● Understand the desired goal, and adjust daily work to achieve it as required
● Manage different personalities in a crew setting and solve problems if they arise
● Adapt to an ever-changing environment (examples include: Site Priorities, Weather, Employees, Traffic flow through site, Security Changes, Equipment etc.)
Other Skills and Abilities:
Oral and written communications Staff development
Proactive and take initiative Leadership
Team building Customer relations (only if specifically required)
Planning & organizing Work in a fast-paced environment
Decision making Persuasiveness
Adaptability/flexibility Conflict management
Handle multiple tasks Organizational skills
Critical thinking Problem solving
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
● Must frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds.
● The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
● Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
● As necessary to actively participate in the completion of the daily work schedule.
If you're looking for your next challenge and a rewarding career -- and think you're a cut above the rest, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying for this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.