Clintar Commercial Outdoor Services - Job Details
Posted: Sep 06, 2019
Expires: Oct 15, 2019
Job Description: AMAZON Snow Team Leader
Reports To: AMAZON Supervisor/Snow and Ice Operations Manager
The Snow Team Leader will be responsible for the timely and appropriate completion of snow and ice removal on the Amazon site. The Snow Team Leader will report to the Amazon Supervisor or Snow and Ice Operations Manager directly, and all other managers indirectly. When instructed, the Snow Team Lead will call in their team for work, as well as schedule them and ensure that they start on time. They will then work with them in the capacity that best suites their skills (ex: Plow Operator, Sidewalk Crew Leader, Salt Truck Driver), and monitor the progress of their team at the same time.
The Snow Team Lead must have a good sense on snow operations and how to properly clear sidewalks, parking lots, and how to use de-icing agents. The Snow Team Leader will be responsible for looking after the Amazon property during and after a snow event to ensure deadlines and quality control is achieved and will report any shortfalls or potential issues to the Snow Supervisor, Snow and Ice Operations Manager or to Dispatch as directed. Training and equipment will be supplied, but a clear direction and ability to over-come a variety of potential issues is a must. Plan for the unexpected!
The Amazon Distribution is a complex and detailed site with over a million square feet of property and thousands of parking spaces which includes walkways, gardens and loading docks. This site is also continued construction, and constantly changes as various areas open or close for construction. This site operates at 24 hours a day and 7 days a week with limited opportunities for full clearing due to constant staff on site and a total of 2000 employees. Onsite relocations will occur during snow events with trucking and snow blowing operations as we receive snow falls. Clintar will be operating this site with two 12-hour shifts of operators and shoveller, as well as one responsible employee onsite always for 24 hours a day.
This site will be equipped at all times with 4 loaders/tractors, a snow dome and a construction trailer for crew members. There is to be no snow build up with Clintar’s 24-hour on-site clearing. Training for pre-imposed brine on the amazon site will be provided.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
*Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
● Required to work all (12hr) shifts as snow events occur. Larger events may require longer shifts as determined by the On-Site Supervisor.
● Monitor, dispatch and contact crews to clear and maintain sites during a snow event.
● Must be able to perform physical duties when required including shoveling.
● Must be able to offer professional and friendly service.
● Work on a snow removal schedule set by the supervisor.
● Report any snow and ice control problems daily.
● Drive company vehicles, application must provide and upkeep a valid driver’s licence.
● Communicate and report any issues or complaints with the Supervisor to solve them.
● Operation of hand tools and equipment including snow blowers when required.
● Understand specific client requests and concerns to be sure issues are managed.
● Frequently monitor sidewalk, plow and salting activities.
● Train qualified or able crew members when they are not experienced on procedures.
● Understanding and consistent use of the Aspire mobile app.
● Ensure that the proper paperwork is completed and submitted if required.
● Report damage to equipment, property or customer property immediately.
● Follow all Health & Safety regulations including wearing approved protective equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent; or one-year related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: as required by Federal and Provincial laws
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Read and interpret documents such as Health & Safety regulations, equipment operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
● Complete routine reports and correspondence;
● Speak effectively to customers and peers within company.
● Calculate figures and amounts (i.e. percentages, area, volume and metric grams).
● Carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form;
● Ability to deal with problems involving customer service situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Oral and written communications Extensive local travel
Follow-up Customer relations
Listening Time management
Handle multiple tasks Ability to take instruction
Adaptability Ability to work independently
Ability to work in a team Attention to detail
Willingness to learn
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
● Must frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds.
● The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
● Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
If you're looking for your next challenge and a rewarding career -- and think you're a cut above the rest, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying for this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.