Lee Valley Tools Ltd. - Job Details
Posted: Aug 29, 2019
Expires: Sep 29, 2019
Job Title: Customer Service Representative - Order Entry/ Retail Order Processing (Bilingual)
Status: Seasonal – Various Positions
Reporting to: Supervisor, Customer Service Centre
About Lee Valley:
Since 1978, Lee Valley has recognized that woodworking and gardening are not just hobbies, but are for many a lifestyle choice. Lee Valley Tools enjoys a proud 40-year history of providing high-quality woodworking, gardening, hobby, hardware, gift and seasonal merchandise to customers worldwide. Our customer service is renowned. We pride ourselves on providing quality in all products, whether developed and manufactured internally or sourced elsewhere.
A position at Lee Valley is more than just a job – we honor the time and dedication that our people give by providing sustained and meaningful employment and we strive to provide an environment where learning and development are encouraged.
The Order Entry Representative provides high-quality support and service for customer orders/enquiries regarding products and/or services using range of knowledge and experience. Primary job function is entering orders by phone, fax or mail and retail order processing. Other assignments may include clerical duties or special projects for other departments, a great way to learn more about Lee Valley and the numerous departments at our corporate office. Working at times independently, the successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to self-manage their workload and meet deadlines.
The incumbent must be available to work 40 hours per week, and must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Hours can range between 7:00 am and 11:00 pm with rotating Saturday and Sunday shifts. He/she will be required to work both in office and from home.
Office position, with hours ranging from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm with a rotating Saturday shift.
- Answer calls promptly, courteously and efficiently
- Provide accurate processing and fulfillment of customer orders and retail orders
- Provide customers with accurate pricing, part numbers and/or product availability for orders
- Determine the nature of the call and forward it to the appropriate individual or group if necessary
- Resolve routine inquires
- Enter catalog requests, process and review reports and other clerical duties as required
Miscellaneous customer information maintenance, labeling, duplicate elimination and filing
- Provide accurate and rapid processing of retail orders; involves entering customer data into existing customer database, opening new accounts and maintaining same
- Process show orders, catalogue requests and mail orders
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- High school or less than one year of specific training or college certificate, or 1-2 years of experience
- Good communication skills
- Bilingual, spoken French and English
- Good typing skills
- Ability to multitask and work unsupervised
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office an asset
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of Lee Valley’s product lines an asset
- Experience in a call center or retail an asset
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.leevalley.com or contact Louise St-Amand at firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.