Lee Valley Tools Ltd. - Job Details
Posted: Aug 29, 2019
Expires: Sep 29, 2019
Job Title: Customer Service Representative (Bilingual)
Reporting to: Supervisor, Customer Service Centre
About Lee Valley:
Since 1978, Lee Valley has recognized that woodworking and gardening are not just hobbies, but are for many a lifestyle choice. Lee Valley Tools enjoys a proud 40-year history of providing high-quality woodworking, gardening, hobby, hardware, gift and seasonal merchandise to customers worldwide. Our customer service is renowned. We pride ourselves on providing quality in all products, whether developed and manufactured internally or sourced elsewhere.
A position at Lee Valley is more than just a job – we honor the time and dedication that our people give by providing sustained and meaningful employment and we strive to provide an environment where learning and development are encouraged.
As a key Lee Valley Team member, the Customer Service Representative autonomously provides high-quality support and service for customer orders/enquiries regarding products and/or services using range of knowledge and experience. Answers inquiries by telephone and e-mail, related to woodworking, gardening and other issues as they relate to orders and returns. Assignments generally focus on the more complex, sensitive, or high profile customers, issues or projects which may require a more specialized knowledge.
The incumbent must be available to work 40 hours per week, from 10:30 am to 7:00 pm with a rotating Saturday shift.
- Service customer inquiries, process orders and resolve delivery issues
- Enter catalog requests, runs reports, processes gift cards, resets customer passwords, etc. as required.
- Collect detailed information about customer problems; may require additional research and testing to facilitate repair or resolution
- Responsible for processing customer orders, returns and responding to e-mails and enquiries
- Following through on product problems and suggestions
- Miscellaneous customer information maintenance, labeling, duplicate elimination and filing
- May provide guidance to other departments or less-experienced staff
- May conduct training sessions for staff on a particular topic or line of products, or participate in product testing
May perform specialized duties such as large purchase order requests, specialty products, discount requests, organizing show orders, refund cheques, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 1-2 year college diploma or other woodworking or gardening specific training and 2-3 years of related experience.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Must be bilingual (advanced written and verbal French skills)
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of Lee Valley’s product lines an asset
- Experience in woodworking an asset
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.leevalley.com or contact Louise St-Amand at firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.