Lee Valley Tools Ltd. - Job Details
Posted: Aug 23, 2019
Expires: Sep 28, 2019
Job Title: Warehouse Picker & Stock Keeper
Status: Temporary Contract – September 3, 2019 – January 10, 2020
Positions to Fill: 9 Warehouse Pickers and 2 Stock Keepers
Reporting to: Manager, Fulfillment Centre
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
About Lee Valley
Since 1978, Lee Valley has recognized that woodworking and gardening are not just hobbies, but are for many a lifestyle choice. Lee Valley Tools enjoys a proud 40-year history of providing high-quality woodworking, gardening, hobby, hardware, gift and seasonal merchandise to customers worldwide. Our customer service is renowned. We pride ourselves in providing quality in all products, whether developed and manufactured internally or sourced elsewhere.
A position at Lee Valley is more than just a job – we honor the time and dedication that our people give by providing sustained and meaningful employment and we strive to provide an environment where learning and development are encouraged.
Under close supervision, the candidate carries out routine tasks in support of both the receiving and distribution function. Working with clearly established procedures, the candidate picks and packs products for shipment to internal or external customers. Hours of work are from Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m for Warehouse Pickers and 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Picking products for customer orders, internal and external.
- Verification of items to packing slips/orders, counting, labelling and packing items.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of his/her work area (sweeping, emptying garbage, recycling cardboard and restocking).
- Putting away stock received into its designated warehouse location(s) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Moving and relocating stock when required.
- Performing any other task not specified above but which, nevertheless, relates to normal warehouse functions, maintenance and safety
Knowledge and Skills
- Generally requires 1-3 years of experience in a warehouse environment or equivalent.
- General knowledge of LVT product.
- Ability to read and understand documentation e.g. purchase orders, waybills, bill of lading, packing slips.
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.leevalley.com or contact Louise St-Amand at firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.