Kemptville Youth Centre - Job Details
Posted: May 27, 2019
Summer Youth Assistant Program Coordinator
* This Position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs Program: To qualify applicants must have attended school in the 2018/2019 school year but do not have to be a returning student in the Fall of 2019.
Contract Range: 9 week position for 33.5 hours per week
Contract Dates: June 24th-Aug. 23rd
Reporting to the Program Coordinator and Operations Manager, the Summer Assistant Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the successful leadership and coordination of the Kemptville Youth Centre (KYC), programs and activities set by the Board of Directors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities*
The Summer Assistant Program Coordinator performs the following:
- Help implement and deliver youth activities and approved programs.
- Research and propose modifications and/or new program opportunities for consideration of the PC.
- Follow a work plan that will identify training requirements.
- Implement KYC policies, procedures and practices as directed.
- Supervise youth and encourage positive inter- action between all program participants.
- Establish a rapport with youth members to ensure that they are being supported, heard and that their needs can be determined. Communicate regularly with PC on issues that affect the youth and organization.
- Coordinate and mentor foster effective teamwork between youth members.
- Help and assist with fundraising events.
- Work with youth to ensure cleanliness of KYC - work space, programming space, kitchen and surrounding area (the yard and parking lot).
- Assist with program and Centre coverage and provide leadership of volunteers as required.
- Other duties relating to programming and implementing of youth programs as assigned by PC.
- Be an Ambassador and promote a positive image of the Kemptville Youth Centre.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
Education and Certificates
- A valid First Aid and CPR level C.
- Must hold a valid Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
- Be familiar with provincial health and safe work environment legislation and regulations.
Minimum of 1 year experience working directly with youth in a recreational environment.
Those applying should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work with staff, youth and volunteers in a professional and enthusiastic manner to foster teamwork and positive relationships.
- Flexibility, creativity and adaptability.
- Excellent communications, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Problem solving skills to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Proficiency in the use of computers for: word processing, e-mail, internet, recreation program(s) software and others as required.
- The Summer Youth Program Coordinator Assistant will work a standard 33.5 hour work week for 9 weeks but must be flexible in scheduling work hours to best accommodate the organization -evenings, weekends and/or to accommodate activities, public events and other functions as required.
- Provide own transportation and required insurance coverage to use personal vehicle for work purposes as appropriate.
Resume and cover letter should be forwarded to the Attn of Barb Tobin: Manager@KYC.Team
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.