The Mayfield Retirement Residence - Job Details
Posted: Nov 10, 2020
Expires: Dec 10, 2020
Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
At our home we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
We are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, Participation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Since our home was established we have offered a community within a community that people were happy to call ‘home’. We pride ourselves in this community connection, our philosophies and the feeling of comfort that can be felt as soon as the door is open.
A day in the role of a Dietary Aide
As a dietary aide at our home you will be responsible for the preparation of the meals directed by the cook for individual residents. This is not your typical dietary aide role, because as our dietary aide you would be working toward making a difference with the rest of the organization in each and every resident's life. Other responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Nourishment preparation and delivery to residents
- Delivering food carts and their return to the kitchen,
- Collection, cleaning, and storage of dishes from all areas,
- To set up serveries and tables in residential areas,
- Plating resident meals according to meal service notes,
- Ensuring adequate basic supplies in the server area,
- Assists in the training and supporting new staff during the orientation period,
- Completion of specific cleaning assignments and collection of garbage,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At our home we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family are as follows:
- A positive mindset and share our values,
- Knowledgeable of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and respects and promotes these rights,
- Effective customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment to working with seniors are required,
- Basic computer skills are a must,
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement,
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 month, evidence of flu shot, must be able to provide three work references.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references to through the employment site. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.