Ferguson Tree Nursery - Job Details
Posted: Oct 15, 2020
Expires: Nov 30, 2020
Manual Worker Position
The purpose of these positions is to perform a variety of manual labour operations to produce a variety of nursery products.
These positions will work in various parts of the nursery facility and out in the fields.
- Weeding in both a field and greenhouse environment
- Thinning and root pruning of greenhouse stock
- Transplanting of various plant products in both the fields and greenhouses
- Use of hand tools
- Various other nursery related manual work
- Physically capable of doing the duties identified
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment
- Ability to work part time hours with some variations to schedule due to weather and work load (early starts due to heat, longer hours during harvesting and shipping, time off due to inclement weather)
- Ability to work in various climatic conditions including rain, heat and cold
- Willing to follow all appropriate laws and nursery policies
- Capable of taking work direction and following through
- Health and Safety for Employees as required by the Ontario Ministry of Labour or willingness to achieve before employment (this is available online)
- Capable of repeated lifting of products weighing up to 25kg.
- Bending and lifting requirements
- Exposure to various agricultural and nursery specific chemicals and fertilizers
- Green patch safety boots
- Weather appropriate clothing
Wage: $14.25 to $15.00 per hour
This is a seasonal position that is expected to last until mid-November, weather depending. Hours of work are 8:00-4:30am. Alternative work schedules may be followed depending on production needs, climate or staffing needs.
Apply at Ferguson Tree Nursery 275 County Rd. 44, Kemptville, On. K0G 1J0, phone 613-258-0110 ext.230 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title identified in the e-mail subject line.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.