Brock-IT Ltd. - Job Details
Posted: Jul 31, 2020
Expires: Aug 31, 2020
Brock IT offers Managed IT Services to Ontario Businesses, Municipalities and Institutions.
We are seeking a motivated, and hardworking professional to join our team as a Help desk technician who can provide fast and appropriate technical support to our clients. An ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively to understand customer concerns and provide/explain the solutions to their problems.
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced accurately.
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions.
- Organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for the use of other technical support staff.
- Keeping up-to date with computer and technology knowledge/training (e.g. MS office, Communication software, Wireless Network, file management software etc.)
- Performing troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- College or CEGEP in an IT related discipline
- A+ Certification
- Immense attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Proactive in problem solving
- Ability to multi-task
- Patient and reliable
Computer and Technology Knowledge
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), MAC, Linux, Device drivers, Networking software, Networking hardware, Networking security, Internet, Servers, Desktop applications, File management software, Security software, Mail server software, Communication software, MS Windows, MS Office, TCP/IP, Wireless networks, SharePoint
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.