Osgoode Foodland - Job Details
Posted: Jun 11, 2020
Expires: Jul 11, 2020
The Cashier is responsible for processing customer orders for payment, maintaining stocking levels for the Front End, and maintaining cleanliness and tidiness.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides customer service by greeting customers, processing purchases by scanning/entering price into cash register, obtaining and processing payment transactions, packing groceries into bags, and responding to their needs, concerns, and inquiries.
- Maintains cash drawer by securing and controlling money levels in cash tray and replenishing cash.
- Maintains appearance and cleanliness of front-end by performing duties such as cleaning/disinfecting, stocking/facing magazines supplies and candy items on racks, dusting, removing un-wanted/misplaced items left by customers and returning them to departments.
- Maintains product inventory in the Front End such as candy and batteries by placing orders, removing out-dated product, and stocking delivered product.
- Assists with office duties and performs other related duties as required.
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities
- Good customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
Other Job Requirments
- Lifting and moving weights of 5 – 20 kilograms (e.g., bags of dog food, potatoes, onions, cases of pop while processing customer purchases)
- Standing for long periods of time while at the cash
- Reaching and lifting of grocery items while scanning items (e.g., cases of pop, large bags of potatoes, dog food)
- Exposure to heat, cold and dust due to work location near store entrance/exits
- Exposure to chemicals used to clean conveyer belt, scanner and food alleys
Please apply in-store at the Customer Service Desk: Ask for Rick Hovencamp
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.