Osgoode Foodland - Job Details
Posted: Nov 14, 2019
Expires: Dec 14, 2019
The Meat Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the department including sales/profitability, productivity and its general appearance. This includes maintaining meat product stock and merchandising of displays, and standards. Supervises department employees, deals with customers and with sales representatives from various companies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of sales and profit objectives by executing merchandising plans including seasonal plan-o-grams, weekly merchandising, service case presentation, and replenishing retail inventory.
- Manages department staff by hiring, providing work direction, reviewing performance and providing feedback, implementing training and development programs, developing succession planning, conducting disciplinary procedures, and by scheduling.
- Performs administrative duties such as signing time statements for payroll, ensuring price changes and signage, attending meetings, reviewing budgets, developing work schedules, and producing sales to purchase reports.
- Manages inventory levels by counting stock, ordering and receiving product, and checking invoices. Follows reduction policies and waste tracking, and maintains the meat feature tracking report.
- Ensures customer service standards by managing product quality and variety, maintaining department appearance, greeting customers, and responding to their needs, concerns, inquiries, as well as resolving issues/complaints.
- Ensures compliance with government legislation and company standards including Food Safety by following safe handling procedures, maintaining temperature logs, maintaining cleaning and sanitation, and completing food safety and department audits.
- Assists Meat Clerks and Meat Cutters with duties such as cutting and wrapping meat and setting up displays as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma plus two (2) years experience as a Meat Cutter or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of meat products, cutting, merchandising, wage control, inventory control and gross profit
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and IGA/Foodland policies and practices
- Food Safety certified
Skills & Abilities
- Good customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide leadership including hiring and training
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Basic computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
Other Job Requirements
- Lifting and moving weights of 5 – 20 kilograms (e.g., large cuts of meat, unpacking cases of pre-packaged goods)
- Standing for long periods of time while on the sales floor or assisting with the cutting of meat products
- Using equipment including box cutters, dollies and pump jacks for moving product in receiving and storage areas
- Using tools including band saws and different knives for cutting
- Exposure to cool or cold temperatures over short periods of time while retrieving and placing product into displays
- Exposure to seasonal heat and cold and dust while working in receiving area
- Exposure to chemicals used for cleaning and disinfecting cutting and general work areas
Resumes can be forwarded to: Rick Hovencamp Rick.firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.