Clintar Commercial Outdoor Services - Job Details
Posted: Sep 06, 2019
Expires: Oct 31, 2019
Title: Snow Shoveller and Shoveller Crew Leaders
Reports To: Crew Leader and Supervisors
Provides services to commercial customers by the proper and timely execution of snow removal functions in the winter months.
Wage: $17.00-$25.00 – based on experience
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
*Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
● Ability to work all Shifts including early mornings and late evenings
● Clear and maintain walkways and outdoor staircases
● Must be able to perform physical duties
● Must be able to offer professional and friendly service
● Work on a snow removal schedule set by the Crew Leader.
● Report any snow and ice control problems in the winter months.
● Drive company vehicles. Have valid driver’s licence.
● Communicate with customers and report any issues or complaints to the Crew Leader.
● Operation of hand tools and equipment including snow blowers
● Follow all Health & Safety regulations including wearing approved protective equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent; or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: as required by Federal and Provincial laws
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Read and interpret documents such as Health & Safety regulations, equipment operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
● Complete routine reports and correspondence;
● Speak effectively to customers and peers within company.
● Calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, volume and metric grams.
● Carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form;
● Ability to deal with problems involving customer service situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Oral and written communications Extensive local travel
Follow-up Customer relations
Listening Time management
Handle multiple tasks Ability to take instruction
Adaptability Ability to work independently
Ability to work in a team Attention to detail
Willingness to learn
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
● Must frequently lift/or move up to twenty-five pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to fifty pounds.
● The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
● Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.