Clintar Commercial Outdoor Services - Job Details
Posted: Sep 06, 2019
Expires: Oct 15, 2019
Job Description: Shop Hand to Fleet Manager
Under the direction of the Fleet Manager completes quality and timely service to company vehicles and equipment to ensure the work requirements in the field are carried out as scheduled , Labourers perform general duties in the steel fabrication shop. Duties include operating basic hand tools, and assisting machine operators and welders. Housekeeping and material handling are also components of this position
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
*Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
• Perform routine service to vehicles and equipment;
• Perform emergency service to vehicles and equipment in the field;
• Ensure shop/repair facility is maintained in a safe manner and is always clean and tidy;
• Clean and maintain equipment as directed;
• Assist in snow removal operations in the field when needed;
• Ability to work shift work is a necessity;
• Must have most if not all of own tools to perform duties;
• Operating of Tractors, Loaders, Back hoes ETC. Experience or able to learn;
• Provide general assistance around the shop, including administrative and technical tasks;
• Serve as a liaison between employees/operators and fleet manager;
• Provide assistance to project managers, fleet managers and supervisor as needed;
• Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Previous experience in manufacturing or shop work;
• Aptitude for mechanics;
• Familiarity with hand tools;
• Capacity to analyze a situation and prioritize tasks;
• Exceptional hand-eye coordination;
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: as required by Federal and Provincial laws.
Must have a valid G with a clean driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Knowledge of engines and controls.
● Welding and Fabricating skills an Asset.
● Knowledge of Hydraulics.
● Understanding of Electrical issues.
● Overall skilled in diagnosis and repair of vehicles and equipment.
● Read and interpret documents such as Health & Safety regulations, equipment operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
● Complete routine reports and correspondence;
● Speak effectively to customers and peers within company.
● Calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, volume and metric grams.
● Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form;
● Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions for problem solving.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Oral and written communications Analytical
Listening Critical thinking/problem solving
Self-motivated Time management
Handle multiple tasks Organizational
Decision making Adaptability
Customer service Attention to detail
Work in a fast-paced environment Flexibility
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
● Must frequently lift/or move up to twenty-five pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to fifty pounds.
● The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
● Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.