Township of Edwardsburgh Cardinal - Job Details
Posted: Sep 05, 2019
Expires: Sep 30, 2019
Position Summary: Working under the direction of the Manager of Parks, Recreation & Facilities and the Facility Operator Lead Hand, they will perform ice making, marking, surfacing, and maintenance duties for its ice facility, as well as provide assistance in the maintenance of the facilities, banquet hall, sports field, parks, pools, horticulture, beaches and shorelines; as well as providing direction to part time parks, recreation & facility staff, and responding to complaints. Working conditions may include year round outside work in inclement weather.
1. Minimum of a secondary school diploma (grade 12) or equivalent.
2. Basic Refrigeration certificate and/or Certified Ice Technician (CIT) certificate and/or Certified Parks Technician (CPT) certificate and/or accreditation with CPO/Class A Pools and propane handling certification would be an asset.
3. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a parks and recreation environment including ice making and resurfacing.
4. Excellent interpersonal, project/time management, analytical, communication presentation, public/media relations and problem-solving skills.
5. Ability and experience with various types of equipment, including grass cutters/tractors, chainsaws, ¼ to 2 ton trucks, weed trimmers, ice resurfacers, ice edger’s, loaders, ball diamond groomers, small tools, vacuums, skill saws, drills, grinders, rental equipment, etc.
6. Knowledge of health and safety practices including WHMIS, Propane Handling Ticket and current standard First Aid CPR Certificate.
7. Ability to keep current with new regulations and legislations pertaining to parks and Recreation.
8. Ability to interact effectively and courteously with all levels of staff and contacts in a Customer Service focused environment; build cooperative, collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers.
9. Knowledge of basic computer functions.
10. Minimum Class “G” Driver’s License, in good standing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains effective and co-operative liaison with the Manager of Parks, Recreation & Facilities and the Facility Operator Lead Hand, and deals with all contacts in a courteous, friendly and efficient manner to promote a high standard of customer service and public relations at all times.
2. Responsible for the opening and closing of Parks buildings/facilities; arming and disarming the security system; performing building security and alarm checks,visual inspections of building interior and exterior for health and safety concerns/hazards; weekly checks of air quality readings, recording findings and actions in daily log book.
3. Responsible for maintaining building facilities, including but not limited to, lobby floors, glass, walls, washrooms, stands, pop machine, supply rooms, furnace rooms, compressor forms, boards, time clocks, time box, players benches, nets, lunchroom facilities, stairs.
4. Performs ice resurfacing, ice maintenance including edging and performs ice depth checks; maintains ice resurfacing machines, including blade changes.
5. Inspects and maintain and clean equipment, complete inspection forms and log all pertinent information, monitors and records compressor and pool readings, as well as compressor and pool maintenance.
6. Assists with inspection and minor maintenance of interior and exterior Parks buildings/facilities, including but not limited to, painting, furnace maintenance, plumbing, light fixture maintenance, dehumidifier maintenance, alarm systems, exit hardware, garbage clean-up, grounds maintenance and clean-up etc.
7. Completes all required reports and documentation such as daily log book, injury reports, accident and incident reports, damage reports, daily facility sheets, daily work sheets, vehicle inspection forms, work order forms, compressor log books.
8. Completes documents and reports as assigned; recording and documentation of maintenance issues to Manager or Lead Hand; input computer data; create and maintain tracking forms.
9. Assists with sports field maintenance, such as ball diamonds, tennis courts, and soccer fields, coordinate the cleaning of public change rooms within park facilities.
10. Performs beach and shoreline maintenance as and when required; install, remove and maintain dock-installs and maintain the boar launch and dock.
11. Assists with horticultural work, grass cutting and turf maintenance including tree maintenance and removal as necessary.
12. Other duties as assigned, including assisting other service areas when required.
13. Will provide general guidance consistent with directions from their direct supervisor to seasonal staff.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their application, including proof of certifications, marked “Temporary Facilities Operator” to the undersigned by 4.00 pm on Friday September 6th, 2019.
Manager of Parks/Recreation & Facilities
Township of Edwardsburgh/Cardinal
18 Centre Street, P.O. Box 129
Spencerville, ON KOE IXO
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.