Giant Tiger Distribution Centre - Job Details
Posted: Aug 30, 2019
Expires: Sep 30, 2019
HR/Recruitment Specialist Job Description:
Giant Tiger is a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 50 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating job environment, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement. Giant Tiger Wholesale is looking for a Human Resources and Recruitment Specialist to fill an 18-month contract, and can offer a competitive wage scale, full benefits and 24/7 onsite gym access.
Working mainly from our Johnstown Distribution Centre, the HR/Recruitment Specialist will report to the Human Resources Manager and will be responsible for leading internal recruitment initiatives and building a pipeline of candidates using GTW’s applicant tracking system. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess strong interviewing and communication skills.
HR/Recruitment Specialist Highlights:
- Continuously promote Giant Tiger Wholesale as an employer of choice;
- Work with hiring managers to prepare and post career opportunities in our internal HRIS;
- Manage internal movement and prepare contracts
- Screen applications;
- Conduct preliminary phone interviews and in-person interviews;
- Develop/maintain selection tools and interview guides;
- Coordinate background & reference checks;
- Attend networking events and career fairs.
- Conduct new hire onboarding sessions weekly
HR/Recruitment Specialist Job Requirements:
- Detail oriented and strong communication/grammatical skills;
- Verifiable interviewing experience
- Post-secondary education in a related field;
- Bilingual is an asset;
- Proficiency with Word and Excel;
- Strong communication skills to be able to interact with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Willingness to learn and grow in a dynamic environment;
- Experience working with an applicant tracking system (ATS), and/or HRIS system an asset.
HR/Recruitment Specialist Schedule:
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Apply now at www.gianttiger.com or by email to Denise Dybala at email@example.com
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.