Ardron Landscapes Inc. - Job Details
Posted: Jun 20, 2019
Expires: Aug 31, 2019
Landscape Construction Team Leader
Ardron Landscapes is an innovative, quality focused company specializing in landscape design, construction and maintenance. We are a full-service firm installing interlock, natural stone, planting, water features, landscape lighting and custom woodwork and maintaining all we install. Every job is unique and varied. Our clients range from commercial properties, small residences to large country estates.
The landscape construction crew leader will perform tasks including reading plans and job packages, site staging, directing and training staff on job site tasks, communicating and working with the project manager and the client. The team leader will complete heavy landscape construction, site demolitions and excavations, hard and soft installations.
- Complete job site safety inspections.
- Read plans, instructions or work specifications to determine work activities
- Responsible for ensuring all required PPE and safety equipment is used.
- Comply with Occupational Health & Safety Act regulations (see OHSA S. 27: Duties of Supervisor).
- Train crew members to improve job skill set (machine operation, quality and efficiency improvements).
- Load/unload and secure machines and material in trucks and on trailers.
- Control traffic passing near, in or around work zones.
- Dig trenches using an excavator, backfill excavations, compact or level earth to grade.
- Cut and install precast and natural stone for patios and retaining walls.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement or adjustment of machinery, equipment or materials
- Handle, install and water plant material.
- Ability to drive a 5-ton or larger truck with trailer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Landscaping education is an asset.
- 3 years or more landscape construction experience.
- Excavator, skid steer, backhoe loader operation experience.
- Attention to Detail – job requires being careful about detail and being thorough in completing work tasks
- Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfilling obligations
- Communication – job requires clear communication skills for articulating information to the general manager and clients
- Organization – job requires excellent organization skills and ability to complete projects within given timelines.
- Training – job requires being experienced at working with and training staff on job skills.
Job Type: Full-time (Seasonal)
Ardron Landscapes is a smoke-free workplace. We welcome recent graduates of Landscape Design or Construction programs and will provide training to a career-minded individual.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.