Voyageur Music School - Job Details
Posted: Feb 20, 2019
Expires: Feb 20, 2020
Love music and love to share it? Voyageur Music School is looking for part-time music teachers available during the day to teach private lessons to pre-school, elementary, and secondary school-aged children at schools and daycares in the Kemptville and Brockville area.
VMS is looking for musicians with the following kinds of music and teaching certification and experience:
- RCM Certification in your preferred teaching instrument, including Theory.
- B.A., B.M., or a diploma in music or have the professional equivalency by working / having worked as a performing musician.
- 2 or more years of music teaching experience with students of all ages.
- Worked with children ages 18 months to 3 years (parenting, babysitting / nannying, ECE diploma, daycare employee etc).
- Worked with elementary and secondary school-aged children (4 years +).
VMS Teachers are reliable, patient, friendly, and enthusiastic, able to:
- Keep lessons on time and on task while having fun.
- Adapt lessons to each student’s unique needs, abilities, and interests, using a range of teaching methods and strategies.
- Encourage students through constructive feedback.
- Integrate music theory into lessons/homework.
- Prepare students for concerts, and attend those concerts (details available upon request).
- Communicate with the VMS Director regularly and maintain a positive relationship with school / daycare staff, parents, and children.
Applicants must have access to transportation and pass a Criminal reference check & Vulnerability reference check.
Please send CVs and any questions about the position you may have to: email@example.com
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.