- Job Details
Posted: Jan 08, 2018
Expires: Jan 20, 2018
Manager, Social Media
Overall Job Purpose:
The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels for several companies in unrelated industries, including Facebook, Instagram Twitter and LinkedIn along with any other emerging social media channels.
This role offers the successful candidate a total immersion into a busy set of businesses in retail, service, tourism and construction industries and the successful candidate will work closely with key members of internal staff, external social media consultants, and the agency’s clients and prospective clients to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing in a business to business environment.
This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients and candidates. The successful candidate will be held accountable to increasing sales, this is not a role to simply increase likes and shares, we are a business and business metrics will be applied. We will provide extensive social media marketing training to the successful candidate. This is considered a role in marketing that leverages social media as a distribution channel.
- Social Media Community Management
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flicker, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Increase the number of followers we have on all channels by following and engaging with potential clients and customers
- Monitoring and replying to social media feedback from clients and customers with the support of the underlying business leaders
- Posting onto social media platforms) on a daily basis (both job- and industry-related); and using various tools
- Coordinating and Distributing Content
- Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting with internal business leaders to establish content ideas for the month ahead, and to plan for a monthly social media, editorial, marketing and blogging calendar.
- Maintain a monthly social media and blogging calendar, and ensure that everyone is meeting their deadlines.
- Help to create one piece of video content.
- Repurpose content from other sources for our own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel).
- Understanding and monitoring social media analytics
- Track key social media analytics on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, including Google Analytics, and social media statistics
- Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics. Look at how well specific content performs and look at the flow of traffic through to our Web sites. Look at how well various social media posts perform based on their ‘share-rating’ and the total number of viewers and time spent on page. Look at the best performing web site pages and try to generate new content that does the same or better. If consultants are producing original content and blogs, report back to them weekly with the performance of those posts.
- Email Marketing and SEO
- Work with each team to create and send the appropriate number of email broadcasts per month around content ideas and promotions.
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management;
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Google Products e.g., Google Docs;
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work;
- An entrepreneurial attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn;
- A proactive, service-focused attitude towards clients and candidates and the teams you support internally;
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges;
- An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal fuss; and
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team.
Interested applicants need apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.