Advonex International - Job Details
Posted: Jan 05, 2018
Expires: Jan 15, 2018
Advonex International develops and markets sustainable hydrocarbons from renewable, bio-based feedstocks for high-value applications. The company produces lubricants, waxes, mineral oils derived from plants or waste resources that deliver superior performance to ingredients traditionally derived from petroleum.
Advonex International Corporation is currently looking for a Chemical Technologist to join its vibrant team. This position provides an excellent opportunity to acquire industrial experience in a growing chemical company.
Note to applicant: As this potential candidate will spend 90% of their time in the lab/piloting facility, the successful candidate must be looking to get their “hands dirty” in this very “hands-on” position.
- Support engineers and scientists in production by operating, monitoring and analyzing a range of processes including: chemical reactions, distillation, isomerization etc.
- Support engineers and scientists in product analysis, sample preparation and material development
- Responsible for collecting, preparing and testing retained samples from production to ensure the finished products comply with product specifications and quality standards
- Assist in troubleshooting of various parts and devices including: pumps, heat exchangers, chemical reactors etc.
- Source and track materials and supplies for production
- Establish a safe working place by overseeing safe operating procedures
- Perform general laboratory and facility housekeeping duties
- Help the production team in waste management
- Other duties are assigned
- Diploma in chemical technology, chemistry, chemical/mechanical technician or technologist or a related area
- Previous wet chemistry industrial experience is preferred
- Knowledge of chemical processes and unit operations
- Knowledge of chemistry including volumetric and gravimetric calculations, wet chemistry and analytical methods (titration, GC-FID)
- Ability to follow procedures and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to multi-task, respond in a timely manner and work effectively in a team environment
- Must be safety conscious and detail oriented
- Good computer skills (Excel and Word)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Primarily in laboratory area (10% office work may be expected as well). Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND SALARY EXPECTATIONS TO: email@example.com with “Chemical Technologist” in the subject line. No placement agency referrals with be accepted.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.